Tuesday 30 July 2019

29th July


Flock of Great tits in front garden at least six birds, can’t remember ever seeing a flock before. Saw more Booted eagles over the weekend. 


Over the weekend whilst Sharron was here we visited Warrior in the cattery to see how she was getting on, pleased to say she seems very settled and happy. I don’t having to keep her in a chattery but it was a much better option than trying to keep her in the gite. 

After we left her we attended a fete in a nearby village that celebrates the potato. The weather was not very good so I think it was a bit subdued but it was interesting browsing the stalls. We came away with some prune liquor, some sparkling Eau d vie, charcuterie and a selection of cheeses. We also tried some of the local potato pie which was delicious.


I went to explore the local lake at Éguzon today. The lake was formed in the 1920’s when a dam was built on the river Creuse to generate hydro electric power. It is used as a recreational area for water sports and as a nature reserve.



I parked near the man made beach area where there is a swimming zone with water slides etc and followed the trail around the edge of the lake.



The trail is well marked but fairly rough going, it hugs the edge of the lake and gives access to landing stages a jetties. At one point I had to squeeze past a party of primary school kids and their teachers who were obviously on a nature walk. I then retraced my steps back to the beach where there were more local children, slightly older learning to sail.

When I left the lake I went for a drive around the area and visited the nearby town of Crozant which has a ruined castle on a bend in the river, I will post pictures of it tomorrow.













No comments:

Post a Comment

The wait is almost over

The murmuration Toft starlings is growing everyday, they are using the old dying birch tree as a  congregation point. I see Roe deer most mo...