Thursday 18 July 2019

17th July

I think there may be more than one family of Green woodpeckers in the garden. Tree sparrows are really active, watched young being fed on front fence. I need to find a bookshop where I can get a butterfly book, lots around I don't know. Temp topped 28c predicted that it will be higher by weekend.


Not a lot to report today so I thought I would show some maps of where we are and some photos taken near the gite.










View along the dead end lane where we walk the dogs 
Lovely old stump in hedgerow left to decompose and so will become a home to insects and fungi


Hedgerow alive with wildflowers

Sunset over hayfield

No comments:

Post a Comment

The wait is almost over

The murmuration Toft starlings is growing everyday, they are using the old dying birch tree as a  congregation point. I see Roe deer most mo...