Sunday 4 August 2019

4th August

I. think we have a Lesser spotted woodpecker visiting the garden, Difficult to get a good look but it looks small enough. Saw another new butterfly for me scarce swallowtail, smaller than the common swallowtail (see pictures below). 


Sorry that there haven't been any posts since last Wednesday, technical issues I have been running Beta test software on my Macbook ( geek thing!) and I had a stability issue with my photos, the next software drop has resolved it so I am back.


A lot of people have asked me why we have decided to move to this part of France, well today we visited our local castle at Crozant, I had driven there last week which was why there was a picture of the castle last Wednesday. As Sharron was back this weekend I decided we should explore..



The castle sits on a granite outcrop at the confluence of the rivers Creuse and Sedelle





It was built by supporters of King John ( yes, that one) but swapped sides tho support the French king.



The valley is know locally as the valley of the painters.


It was 30 c as we were walking around, I can't imagine what it must have been like building it, of climbing the towers in chain mail.





As I mentioned in my nature notes at the top of this piece we saw a 'Scarce Swallowtail' butterfly, Sharron was quick enough to get a couple of pictures.











No comments:

Post a Comment

The wait is almost over

The murmuration Toft starlings is growing everyday, they are using the old dying birch tree as a  congregation point. I see Roe deer most mo...